Monday, September 28, 2009

Cute Greenman and Drawing talk.

Greenman Plaque (Moss), $15

How wonderful is this? I'd love to have that hanging on my wall. And only fifteen dollars? What a deal for such a beautiful item. It's not even small: it's 8.75 x 6 inches. If anything, this is a perfect Christmas gift. It was front page featured, too!

Got some good practice with atmospheric perspective over the weekend, drawing my little kitchen. It's much more difficult doing it outside, with trees, when the wind is blowing right in your face -- as we did today in class. I got graphite all over me! But it's a learning process.

I still don't know whether I prefer drawing or painting. I seem to be naturally better at drawing, but painting is smoother and... well, more colorful. I know drawings can incorporate color using pastels and whatnot, but I've never been too good with those. Hardly use them.

Regardless, though, we don't have a drawing emphasis program so I'll be doing painting either way. Still...

I hope you guys are doing well in your artistic endeavors! :)

0 comments: