Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wordless Wednesday.. sort of..


Pouring with rain, the morning I have drawing class. Phew! I only enjoy these kind of days when I'm allowed to sit on the couch with a warm cup of tea or hot cocoa, NOT when I have to go to school and carry PAPER in the downpour.

But... I survived. Luckily, my second class was canceled since my professor is setting up her exhibition -- neat, huh?

Here are some snapshots of my lesson for today: a gesture drawing and 2 blind contour drawings.




What creations have you made today, obligated or otherwise? ;)

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Tag, you're it! ;)

http://hellcatvintage.blogspot.com/2009/09/whats-in-your-photo-album.html

kevi/rae said...

Oh my goodness! When I was in my drawing class, I dreaded the still life. You did an amazing job! I love contour lines.

For my two dimensional design class, I had to make a paper doll of myself. As well, we did a Miranda July project where we had 24 hours to write our life story. We had to be as detailed as we could to make it more interesting. It couldn't exceed 24 hours of writing time, but it couldn't be less than 1 hour.

I learned a lot about myself :-P

x said...

We're going to do more than still lifes this time, thankfully. Soon we'll be going outdoors, whoohoo!! Challenging though..

Art will do that, when done right. ;)

kevi/rae said...

You're absolutely right. (in the previous comment I meant gesture not contour.. I dont think sometimes)
Are you using just charcoal right now?

x said...

Haha, I know what you mean. ;) Gesture is lovely but frustrating at times, when the teacher says, "Mmm.. more!"

Mostly charcoal, yes. For the blind contour we used sharpies for permanence. But we're going to mainly stick to charcoal through the semester.